Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: 22668
- Open text field 1: Artikel ab 09. Januar 2023 wieder bestellbar.
- Dye glaze colours for retouching colour photographs
- According to traditional recipe
- Colours: red, yellow and blue according to EURO
- For mixing all other colours and shades
- For blotting out, retouching and colouring
Quantity: 3 x 12 ml + pipette
Diaphoto-Dye glaze colours consist of dyes dissolved in water in a relatively high concentration and can be diluted with water in an infinite number of shades. With our 3 basic shades according to EURO, every conceivable shade of a photo can be mixed together with a little practice. They are very well suited for blotting or colouring.
Photography has always experienced turbulent times and the same is true for retouching, which has always been closely linked to it. Already a few years after photography had gained a foothold with silver emulsion (60s of the 19th century), pictures were coloured by hand. This period also saw the introduction of protein glaze inks, known as "aniline ink" for short. This ink worked well on the common albumen papers (the so-called albumen pictures) and even very well on the later gelatine emulsion papers. Thus it came about that the oil and watercolour paints used for retouching were largely displaced by the aqueous dye solutions in the 1980s.